JANE ISAAC - EXCITING NEW CRIME NOVEL - "THE TRUTH WILL OUT"

It’s a great pleasure to re-introduce author Jane Isaac (May 2012). Jane’s new crime novel The Truth Will Out has just been published and is already garnishing rave reviews. Jane was kind enough to answer a few questions I had about her new book. Here they are:

1) Jane, your new novel “The Truth Will Out” has just been published.  Please tell us a little about your book.
            I am fascinated by what happens when extraordinary things happen to ordinary people. Most of us live our lives in a bubble and never cross paths with law enforcement. I like to explore what happens when we are taken out of our comfort zone. In The Truth Will Out we follow a murder investigation through the eyes of Detective Chief Inspector Helen Lavery and the rest of the story through by another person affected the by the case: Eva Carradine.
Let me share my blurb with you:
"Everything's going to be okay."
"What if it's not?"
Suddenly, she turned. For a split second she halted, her head inclined.
"Naomi, what is it?"
She whisked back to face Eva.
"There's somebody in the house..."
            Eva is horrified when she witnesses an attack on her best friend. She calls an ambulance and forces herself to flee Hampton, fearing for her own safety. DCI Helen Lavery leads the investigation into the murder. With no leads, no further witnesses and no sign of forced entry, the murder inquiry begins.
            Slowly, the pieces of the puzzle start to come together. But as Helen inches towards solving the case, her past becomes caught up in her present.
            Someone is after them both. Someone who will stop at nothing to get what they want. As the net starts to close around them, can Helen escape her own demons as well as helping Eva to escape hers?

2) Sounds very exciting, Jane. What do you want the reader to remember most about your book?
            I think it would be the character of Helen Lavery. It’s important to me that the characters appear real; they could just as easily be you or I, so that we feel their journey.
For Helen, I interviewed police officers across the ranks in the local force to create a character that is not only interesting, but also realistic in modern day policing. She is a mum, battling to single-handedly raise her teenage sons while holding down one of the most important jobs in the police force and genuinely a good person, walking that extra mile to fight for justice in the face of difficult circumstances. I have great admiration for her.

 3) Why did you decide to write this book?
            As soon as I finished my first book, An Unfamiliar Murder, I realized that there was a lot more that I wanted to do with the character of Detective Chief Inspector Helen Lavery. The Truth Will Out is the second book in the series, although it can be read as a standalone novel in its own right, and sees the detective face her toughest case yet. There’s plenty to keep her busy as she clashes with superiors in pursuance of the truth, and she has a love interest too.

4) Can you tell the readers about your writing schedule. For example: How long did it take you to write the book? How many hours a day did you spend on writing? Editing?
            I have a day job and a family to fit my writing around, which means I lack the luxury of a regular writing routine. I tend to squeeze my writing into every spare moment and can often be found sitting beside the pool with my laptop while my daughter is in swim class, wandering over the fields with my dog churning over plot lines, or jotting down notes in the supermarket queue. It usually takes me around eighteen months to research, write and edit a book.

5) Who do you feel is your best audience?
            That’s a tough one. I’ve had messages and tweets from both men and women from ages sixteen to eighty I would guess! I think it would appeal to anyone who likes a British crime police procedural dosed with a large spoonful of psychological tension.

6) What's next on your writing agenda? Working on another book?
            I’ve just finished the first draft of my third novel, a new detective mystery set in Stratford upon Avon. It’s out for first opinion at the moment, so I’m keen to see how it’s received!

 Thank you, Jane. It’s been enlightening. Much success with your new novel.

Thank you so much for interviewing me, Gerard. It’s been fun answering your questions.

Jane Isaac was runner up, ‘Writers Bureau Writer of the Year 2013. Her debut novel, An Unfamiliar Murder, introduced Midlands based Detective Chief Inspector Helen Lavery and was nominated as best mystery in the 'eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBook awards 2013.' Her second book, The Truth Will Out, was released by Legend Press on 1st April 2014 and nominated as a ‘Thriller of the Month – April 2014’ by E-thriller.com.
Jane  lives with her husband, daughter and dog, Bollo, in rural Northamptonshire, UK.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 REASONS TO USE SLANT RHYME IN YOUR POETRY

DO YOU KNOW THE “BIG FOUR” FEMALE DETECTIVE WRITERS FROM THE “GOLDEN AGE”?

MY SIX-STEP FORMULA FOR WRITING THE SHORT SHORT THAT EVERYONE WILL WANT TO READ