GUEST POST: MEET RAYMOND BOLTON, AUTHOR OF THE SCI-FI ADVENTURE "AWAKENING"


I’m delighted to be joined today by author Raymond Bolton. As an author, Raymond’s goal is to craft gripping stories about the human condition, whether they are set on earth or another world. He has written award-winning poetry and four novels. Two are explorations in science fiction: Awakeningan epic, released in January, 2014, and Thought Gazer, an adventure, part of a planned prequel trilogy, is expected to be released later this year.

Awakening has received almost all five star reviews on both Amazon and Goodreads.

Q) Welcome, Raymond. Thanks for joining us. Awakening: Please tell us a little about your book.

A) In a nutshell, this is the premise:

How does a world armed with bows, arrows and catapults, where steam power has only begun to replace horses and sailing ships, avert conquest from beyond the stars?

Prince Regilius has been engineered to combat the Dalthin, a predatory alien species that enslaves worlds telepathically, and to do so he must unite his people. But when his mother murders his father, the land descends into chaos and his task may prove impossible. Faced with slaying the one who gave him life in order to protect his world, he seeks a better way. Set in a vast and varied land where telepaths and those with unusual mental abilities tip the course of events, Awakening goes to the heart of family, friendship and betrayal.

Q) What do you want the reader to remember most about your book?

A) I want them to remember how it spoke to them. I say this because I have taken great pains to impart intimacy to my characters and richness to the plot. In fact, many reviews tell me I’ve succeeded.

Q) Why did you decide to write this book?

A)  I had always told myself, “Some day, I’m going to write a novel.” Eventually, I realized the only way to do this was to sit down and begin writing. Since I had grown up reading science fiction and fantasy, it was only logical that I begin within these genres. The book is a crossover and Tolkien’s Rings trilogy established the structure.

Q) Can you tell the readers about your writing schedule. For example: How many hours a day did you spend on writing? Editing?


A) While I would like to be able to say I write X hours a day without fail, because I run businesses in two cities located 1,100 miles apart that keep me occupied long hours five days a week and on a plane one day every seven, I write whenever I can.

I regard revising and editing as most important, because this is where the rough stone is polished, hopefully to become a gem. This is what has helped me win or be a finalist in various literary competitions.

Q) Who do you feel is your best audience?

A) Although I wrote with the intention of attracting young men aged late teens to early thirties, most of my reviews—two-thirds of which give five star ratings—have come from women. In addition to younger readers, many of reviewers I’ve spoken to are in their fifties and beyond. Further, and to my great delight, two Amazon reviewers said—and I must assume, because of this, the book was either given as a gift or was recommended—that although they never would have picked up this kind of book from a bookstore shelf, they now cannot wait for the next one.

Q) What's next on your writing agenda? Working on another book?

A) I am about to release Thought Gazer, the first volume of a prequel trilogy. Expect to see it between November 1 and New Year’s Day. Foreteller, the second volume of the trilogy is already being written.

Q) Anything else you'd like to add or share with us?

A) Those who are interested in such things as how I learned to self-publish and market my books would do well to check out my television interview on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRVFbWRUNA&feature=youtu.be

As a result of my marketing efforts, beginning with its October 2014 issue, Sci-fi Magazine, with a circulation of 108,000, will be featuring Awakening for the next six months.

You may purchase Awakening at:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0991347102

http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Ydron-Saga-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00HMSEVVC/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakening-Ydron-Saga-Raymond-Bolton/dp/0991347102

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakening-Ydron-Saga-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00HMSEVVC/

Keep in touch with the author at:

Website: 
http://www.raymondbolton.com/

Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/RaymondBoltonAuthor

Twitter: 
https://twitter.com/RaymondBolton

Goodreads: 
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7690905.Raymond_Bolton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 REASONS TO USE SLANT RHYME IN YOUR POETRY

DO YOU KNOW THE “BIG FOUR” FEMALE DETECTIVE WRITERS FROM THE “GOLDEN AGE”?

MY SIX-STEP FORMULA FOR WRITING THE SHORT SHORT THAT EVERYONE WILL WANT TO READ