The Writer's Journey


           The writer’s journey begins within. A seed, nurtured by a dream, blossoms, gaining strength in its maturity. Small achievements promote discipline and persistence, while inoculating against the fear and self doubt that can often plague a writer in the most desperate hours. Abstraction leads to concretization, which leads to specificity and direction, which in the end, we hope will lead to success.
            My writer’s journey began as a young boy, writing every evening in bed, before my eyes were too tired to remain open. Sometimes, my thoughts revolved around the day’s events—friends, relatives and school. But my most precious writings, and I still possess them, were of imaginative stories of things that were, coupled with visions of things that could be. This, you might say, was the beginning of my journey as a storyteller, and it is only because I retained a child-like sense of curiosity and adventure that I am able to continue to amuse myself with my writing, and hopefully others, as well.

Comments

  1. My writing journey likewise began when I was quite young concocting worlds and stories in my mind and sometimes putting them down on paper.

    This story would be an ideal entry in the Origins Blogfest. I don't know if you've tried any of the writing blogfests but you would almost be guaranteed to increase your following by more than 3 (I'm #3) and maybe add some readers to your blog. Check out Origins.

    Also I host the April A to Z Challenge which is a writing mega-experience. You can follow the link below.

    Lee
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the follow and for the tip, Lee. I will check out Origins. One can always use more readers.
    Blogging from A to Z - sounds like a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 REASONS TO USE SLANT RHYME IN YOUR POETRY

DO YOU KNOW THE “BIG FOUR” FEMALE DETECTIVE WRITERS FROM THE “GOLDEN AGE”?

MY SIX-STEP FORMULA FOR WRITING THE SHORT SHORT THAT EVERYONE WILL WANT TO READ