MY GREATEST TEACHER


 My new website, writerenroute.com, is now up and running. I’ve worked hard on designing the site and I’m very happy with the results, especially the home page. The cover image is a triptych, composed of an reproduction of my novel, The Deal Master, as well as an image of my latest book, Discipline: A Play. Both images flank a center section that contains a quote equally important for writers and non writers, alike.

      “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” __Anton Chekhov

      The importance of this quote is obvious to writers . Every writer learns early in his/her education that “showing, not telling” is an invaluable writing technique. But in what way is this quote important to non writers?

      My dad was my greatest teacher in life. Rarely did he “tell” me what I needed to say or do. He showed me by example. In almost any situation, I’d take clues from my dad on how to act and react. He walked his talk and lived without pretension. He spoke simply, was always true to his word and his actions demonstrated that he was a man of great love and respect for people from all walks of like. In return, he was truly loved and respected by many. Thanks, Dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 REASONS TO USE SLANT RHYME IN YOUR POETRY

DO YOU KNOW THE “BIG FOUR” FEMALE DETECTIVE WRITERS FROM THE “GOLDEN AGE”?

MY SIX-STEP FORMULA FOR WRITING THE SHORT SHORT THAT EVERYONE WILL WANT TO READ